error about build toolchain with crosstool-ng-1.8.0

loody miloody@gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 15:33:00 GMT 2010

hi yann:

2010/8/26 Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr>:
> Loody, All,

> I've tried to build your toolchain here, and had the same issue.
> It looks like there is an issue when building binutils. With a single glance
> at the config.log for glibc, you'll easily notice that the issue is that
> ld is erroring out with (smthg like):
>  .gnu.hash is not supported on MIPS.
>
> I found the culprit to be patches/binutils/2.20/210-generate-gnu-hash.patch
> This patch enables the GNU hash, except for MIPS. But the test is wrong.
> The eception only triggers when the _host_ machine is MIPS, not when the
> _target_ machine is MIPS.
>
> Remove the targets/ directory, remove that patch, and start again from
ok.
i know what you mean targets directory, the place that crosstool-ng to
put objs and src tarballs.
But, would you please tell me how to "remove that patch"?
if I have already remove all the tarballs, targets/tarballs, it
doesn't mean I remove the patch also?

> scratch, it should work (the build is on-going OK here). Please report
> whether it works or not for you.

BR,
miloody