RYO Kernel - No C Library - s390(x) Toolchain [was: Opinions requested]

Harold Grovesteen h.grovsteen@tx.rr.com
Wed Aug 25 02:26:00 GMT 2010

>Also, you can use three other libs to take full advantage of gcc optims:
>- ppl           (eg. for loop unrolling)
>- CLooG/ppl     (ditto)
>- libelf        (for link-time optimisation, LTO)

These have been successfully incorporated into the hand-crafted build.
GCC runs with them.  My simple "does it work" test, I am sure, hardly
exercises any of the GCC optimizations, let alone these exotic ones.

The next step would be seeing how this could be added to crosstool-NG.

Yann, thanks also for your helpful suggestions.

Harold Grovesteen