ct-ng -> git repos instead of single patches

Enrico Weigelt weigelt@metux.de
Tue Aug 17 17:18:00 GMT 2010

* Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> wrote:

> "Our" goal is to build toolchain, yes. But those toolchain should be
> functional, to a certain extent. If we know that there are bugs, and
> that we can fix them without too much trouble, then I think we should
> fix them.

In fact "we" are maintaining an downstream-fork (or better call it
"overlay") upon the upstream releases. So ctng-built toolchains don't
use official uclibc, but ctng-uclibc. At that point we have the rebase
operation as a central item ...

> Yes, agreed, it should be fixed upstream. I don't have time to properly
> submit the patches and follow on them for *all* the components.

That's a common problem to all distros and package maintainers.
For the OSS-QM project, I'm thinking of ways to automatically
inform the upstream (eg. by a post-update hook in the git repos).

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666