Behaviour of toolchain "cannot find /lib/libc.so.0"

Darcy Watkins dwatkins@tranzeo.com
Fri Aug 13 15:37:00 GMT 2010

Hi Thomas,

My builds of buildroot using crosstool 1.8.0 with binutils 2.20 (instead
of 2.20.1) appear to have worked OK.

My patched buildroot 2010.02 includes my patch hack described at:

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-June/035619.html

Which essentially just adds redundant TARGET_CFLAGS and TARGET_LDFLAGS
to point into the staging area which is probably why I got net-snmp to
build even without the --sysroot option present.

There are crosstool patches to binutil 2.20 related to --sysroot in the
ld command that were not carried forward to binutils 2.20.1.  In fact
there isn't even a collection of patches for binutils 2.20.1 in
crosstool 1.8.0 at all.

Regards,

Darcy