Git mirror of Crosstool-ng

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Thu Aug 12 17:05:00 GMT 2010

Arnaud, All,

On Thursday 12 August 2010 06:27:15 Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> I just set up a git mirror of the current mercurial tree on my github
> account, at the following URL:
> http://github.com/lacombar/crosstool-ng
> There is currently only a single "upstream" branch.
>
> Just as a reminder, this tree has _not_ been blessed in any way by
> Yann E. MORIN, the current and only official maintainer of
> Crosstool-ng. I intend to sync this tree with the official
> Crosstool-ng repository on a regular basis, depending on my
> availability. I am only providing this tree as a quick way for git
> aficionados (or mercurial-allergic geeks) to get the latest version of
> Crosstool-ng and to follow its development.

OK, I'm fine with a git-clone of the tree. But please make it explicit
that this tree is only a clone, not the upstream.

Also, I'd like to point out that, as a maintainer, dealing with
non-Mercurial patches is really a PITA. Mercurial has a very nice way
to send proper patches, that I can then _very_ easily import in the
tree with a single command, while any other require that I save the
mail, that I do not forget to cut-n-paste name and date...

And *no*, I'm not switching to git. :-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.