Success building seemingly native toolchain

Richard Strand richard.strand@icomera.com
Wed Sep 30 12:04:00 GMT 2009

Oron Peled wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 בSeptember 2009 18:48:23 Richard Strand wrote:
>
>> The toolchain is working perfectly for me and I've not run into any
>> problems yet. Changing to -O2 sounds like a good idea as long as it
>> doesn't break builds for any other architectures.
>>

> I'm not sure if it's related, but AFAIR g++ only consider inline
> of C++ methods with -O2 or more (maybe some of the inline methods
> are crucial for g++ or glibc itself).

It seems that if no CFLAGS are specified when compiling glibc then it
automatically uses -O2. Hopefully this means that -O2 is safe, and is
probably preferable to using -O.

Regards,

--Richard Strand