Crosstool-NG: WCHAR-support in uClibc-toolchain

Simon Pasch fpasch@googlemail.com
Wed Oct 28 11:37:00 GMT 2009

Hi!

I'm currently trying to migrate all my embedded projects to use
toolchains created by crosstool-ng (until now I use a variety of
different cross-toolchain buildsystems)

For a powerpc-based device I used the internal uClibc-toolchain of
buildroot (http://buildroot.uclibc.org/). While migrating to
crosstool-ng I stumbled upon wchar-support in the
crosstool-ng-generated uClibc-toolchain (buildroot moans, if some
settings differ from those in the external toolchain)

It is enabled in "scripts/build/libc/uClibc.sh" by default, if
C++-Compiler is selected. In my case, I want to disable wchar-support,
because I'm creating a tiny embedded system (until now I haven't
needed wchar in any application).

Therefore I would like to know, if it would be acceptable to insert
some extra options in the "C-library"-menu of crosstool-ng...just like
in buildroot:

-enable large file (files > 2 GB) support
-enable IPV6
-enable RPC
-enable toolchain locale/i18n support
-purge unwanted locales