crosstool-NG 1.5.0 is out

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Thu Oct 8 22:04:00 GMT 2009

Hello All!

On Tuesday 06 October 2009 18:56:37 Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> Most notably, [...] the AVR32 architecture has
> been added (experimental), as the first MMU-less arch, based on newlib.

I hope a cosmic ray particle did impact the wrong neurone in my brain
when I wrote that, or I have only one option left: run & scream, waving
my hands above my head... :-)

Seriously, here are the real facts:
- avr32 has been included, as the first arch to use newlib (and newlib
  only), ie. it is bare-metal only for now, not sure a avr-linux-gnu
  toolchain would build...
- newlib has been included, but support is currently very tied to the
  avr32 stuff. Not sure what it'd take to cleanly separate it.
  Anyway, basic support is here. Use the Force, Luke...
- support for noMMU has been added, but no architecture is making use
  of it for now (there has been an out-of-tree microblaze attempt, but
  the patchset to gcc and binutils being so big, we decide it'd be best
  supported out-of-tree for now, I don't want to maintain that for now)
  so it is currently invisible, except in the code (grep for BOTH_MMU).

Also, the sample for the avr32 was defective. I've been tracking this
down for the past four days; it's fixed now, and a patch is available
at the usual place (as well as on the maintenance branch).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.