crosstool-NG build fails

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Wed Nov 25 16:36:00 GMT 2009

Carl,
All,

piper.guy1 wrote:
> Upon investigation of your wget command string, it appears to have to
> do with your 10 second timeout. When I increased the timeout to 30
> secs it worked all the time. The same problem happened for the uClibc
> tarball, and when I increased the timeout to 30 sec, it worked too.
> The other locations for the other tarballs I guess are more responsive
> as the script had no problems with them.

Ah, OK. You should tweak the CONNECT_TIMEOUT option:

Paths and misc options  --->
(10)  connection timeout

The default is 10s, but read the help entry.

We do need the connection timeout value to detect hosts that are down, so we
can fallback to other sources, and ultimately to try the mirror.

> So I'm manually downloading any troublesome tarballs and putting them
> into the tarball folder. Am I safe to do it this way as a work around?

Yes, you can do it that way. Yet, the best is to correctly set the connection
timeout value.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |