crosstool vs. crosstool-ng

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni@free-electrons.com
Fri Nov 6 11:18:00 GMT 2009

Le Fri, 06 Nov 2009 04:59:52 -0600,
Harold Grovesteen <h.grovsteen@tx.rr.com> a écrit :

> I am new to this group, so I am likely asking something that is
> already understood.  So, apologies for bringing up possibly old
> topics. Recently I used crosstool to build a toolchain for s390
> target on Intel.  Following that, I found this list list and started
> to see messages about crosstool-ng.  Downloaded it.  crosstool-ng I
> realize does not support s390.  But, crosstool seems to have stopped
> being enhanced at a few versions of the tools back.  To develop
> toolchains with more recent versions or gcc or binutils should I look
> at adding code to crosstool, or work on adding s390 support to
> crosstool-ng?

Basically, crostool is unmaintained since several years (3-4 years ?).
Crosstool-ng is its successor, and development is only taking place on
crosstool-ng.

I'm quite sure Yann (crosstool-ng's maintainer) will be interested by
patches adding support for S390 to crosstool-ng.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons