crosstool vs. crosstool-ng

Harold Grovesteen h.grovsteen@tx.rr.com
Fri Nov 6 10:57:00 GMT 2009

I am new to this group, so I am likely asking something that is already
understood.  So, apologies for bringing up possibly old topics.
Recently I used crosstool to build a toolchain for s390 target on
Intel.  Following that, I found this list list and started to see
messages about crosstool-ng.  Downloaded it.  crosstool-ng I realize
does not support s390.  But, crosstool seems to have stopped being
enhanced at a few versions of the tools back.  To develop toolchains
with more recent versions or gcc or binutils should I look at adding
code to crosstool, or work on adding s390 support to crosstool-ng?

I guess I am really trying to understand the relationship between the
two projects.

Thanks,
Harold Grovesteen