crosstool-ng libncurses check in configure

Paul Smith psmith@netezza.com
Tue May 12 15:26:00 GMT 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 10:30 -0400, Joachim Nilsson wrote:
> 	lib="$( echo lib{ncursesw,ncurses,curses}.{so,a,dylib} )"
>
> Is it possible we could change the configure script to use /bin/bash
> instead of /bin/sh?  I think that solution would be the best in the
> long run.

Personally I think that changing the script to work properly with a
POSIX shell is the best in the _long_ run, as it's the most portable.

The above seems like a lot of processing (non-portable, invokes an extra
shell, etc.) to avoid writing 9 words:

lib="libcursesw.so libcursesw.a libcursesw.dylib \
     libncurses.so libncurses.a libncurses.dylib \
     libcurses.so libcurses.a libcurses.dylib"

JMHO.