crosstool-ng libncurses check in configure

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Mon May 11 18:13:00 GMT 2009

Michael,
Joachim,
All,

On Monday 11 May 2009 19:26:54 Michael Abbott wrote:
> Not a patch ... but how about:
> 	lib="$(
> 	    for l in ncursesw ncurses curses; do
> 	        for x in so a dylib; do
> 	            echo -n "lib$l.$x "
> 	        done
> 	    done)"

Yeah! Nice. See attached patch. Will be comitted soonish.

> ?  You probably don't need the -n (then you don't need the "... " either),
> but I'm not actually looking at the useage here, just the one line.

See The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 7:
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/echo.html

OK, seems clear enough: echo has *not* option! Will be using printf instead,
which is strongly recommended in the "Application Usage" section.

> Actually, if the order matters you need to swap the for lines around, but
> again I don't suppose it does.

Yes, the order matters (we prefer ncursesw, then ncurses, then curses), but
you got it right! :-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |