How to build a GNU Toolchain for ARM

Hector Oron hector.oron@gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:14:00 GMT 2009

Hi Prez,

I tried this howto[0], but toolchain did build, but i could not
compile a kernel with it, but that is more or less what you want.
Additionally, you have Emdebian[1] project which provides glibc based
cross toolchains for Debian environments.
And there are lots of bits out there [2].

I would recommend you to get the sources and try to build your own, in
case you have time and want to learn, if you run into trouble try to
search in a search engine[3][4] if you do not find any answers, ask on
list.

Kind regards and happy hacking !

[0] http://www.hermann-uwe.de/blog/building-an-arm-cross-toolchain-with-binutils-gcc-newlib-and-gdb-from-source
[1] http://www.emdebian.org/tools/crosstools.html