scanf doesn't work

Martin Guy martinwguy@gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 18:40:00 GMT 2009

On 6/19/09, Leonitis <rubixqb@gmail.com> wrote:
> On a side note, is it not enough to select "soft float" in the configuration
> to avoid the wasted hardware interrupts to the "extinct" FPU?

With the old ABI, binaries compiled with hard float cannot be linked
with those compiled with soft float so you need an entire new set of
libraries too. For example, FP function parameters and return values
are passed in FPU registers. Read the wiki page I pointed at

> Back to the problem, how could I approach isolating this bug, if it is
> indeed a problem with scanf() (or is it almost certainly not to do with
> scanf)?

The usual way: divide the problem space in two, devise a test that
tells you which half the problem lies in. Repeat :)