how to get target ldd ?

ng@piments.com ng@piments.com
Wed Jun 10 21:29:00 GMT 2009

ng@piments.com wrote:
> Yann E. MORIN wrote:
>> Peter,
>> All,
>>
>> On Wednesday 10 June 2009 00:16:58 ng@piments.com wrote:
>>> # ldd
>>> -sh: ldd: not found
>>> # ls -ail `which ldd`
>>> 3273877 -r-xr-xr-x    1 root     root         5583 Jun  8  2009
>>> /usr/bin/ldd
>>> So it's there, it's found by which, but "not found". Clearly this is
>>> just busybox's challenged error handling spewing garbage. The
>>> question is how to debug what is really happending.
>>> This error is helpful in itself since it's not even a binary, it's a
>>> script.
>>
>> Running a shell script (or any other script type) first imply running a
>> shell, and that shell will interpret the script.
>>
>>> Binaries give : -sh: gnuplot: Permission denied
>>> even though they have x permissions and are being invoked by root.
>>
>> Hmmm. Sounds like a ld problem. Please run this on the target:
>> # ls -l /lib/ld*
>>
>> It should be marked with the 'x' bit.
>>
>> I'm off to work, will look in more details tonight...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Yann E. MORIN.
>>

> Damn! it was that simple.
>
> chmod a+x /lib/ld* fix it. My hello.dyn and gnuplot now work.
>
> I posted quite some time back in another thread that all my libs were
> without x perms and it got no comment. So I assumed that it was normal
> and the it was regarded as a dumb question.
>
> So the question is: why is it installed with the wrong permissions?
>
> I have just rebuild the toolchain and the perms look correct in sys-root.
>
> 3317406 -r-xr-xr-x 1 prof users  160750 2009-06-10 01:49 ld-2.9.so
> 3317408 lrwxrwxrwx 1 prof users       9 2009-06-10 01:49 ld-linux.so.3
> -> ld-2.9.so
>

> However ldd still does not work:
> # ldd gnuplot
> -sh: ldd: not found
> # which ldd
> /usr/bin/ldd
>

> I think what may have happened it that , having noted that nothing had x
> in /lib I added it to all libs without noting that ld was (possibly)
> already executable. When I did not get any comment on that I likely
> reverted everything including ld to -x .
>

> I'll do more thorough testing tonight but initial evidence suggests that
> it is fixed.
>
> It would be good to have ldd as a tool but I think that is a differenct
> problem.
>
> It tool a long time to find something so simple but at least I can
> rebuild everything dynamic now.
>
> Many thanks, Peter.

[UPDATE:]

I have just rerun ct-ng build and all libs in sys-tools come out with
555 permissons.

after populate, all copied libs in /lib are 644 ie NO x bit set at all,
notably:

3384784 -r-xr-xr-x 1 prof users  160750 Jun 10 22:15 ld-2.9.so
3384786 lrwxrwxrwx 1 prof users       9 Jun 10 22:15 ld-linux.so.3 ->
ld-2.9.so

So it's not finger trouble at my end, it really was like this start with.

/Peter