Simple question about EABI

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Fri Jan 30 18:12:00 GMT 2009

Jacky, Khem,
All,

On Friday 30 January 2009 16:46:12 Khem Raj wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 1:43 AM, Jacky Lam <jackylam.gsl@gmail.com> wrote:
> >        I now got a program compiled by toolchain gcc 4.2.2, glibc 2.6.1, EABI
> > generated with crosstool-ng.
> >        And I have some old library compiled by gcc 2.95.3 and glibc 2.1.3. Is
> > there any way to link this library to my program?
> probably not.

Most probably not. You will have symbol version mismatches. You'll have to
rebuild your library.

If you definitely can't rebuild this library, then you'll have to compile
your program with the old toolchain, and have both glibces on your system.

You'll also have to ensure that your kernel is compiled for EABI, with
support for OABI.

But that's kind of dangerous... Better you rebuild the library. Or ask your
vendor to do it for you.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |