Build tips for arm cross toolchain

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Fri Jan 23 22:32:00 GMT 2009

Hello again! ;-)

On Friday 23 January 2009 20:04:10 Yann E MORIN wrote:
> As of now (20090123.2000+0100), the crosstool-NG website is down.

All should be now up and running. There has a been a massive power failure
two days ago, just a few hours after my departure, and my UPS decided that
sustaining a litle bit more than one hour was all it could do. After all,
it is rated for 45 minutes. All in all, it did its job nice!

Unfortunately, the server does not automatically power up when the power
is back, which I'll be fixing this WE.

For those interested, I just attended a seminar on the TI OMAP3 familly of
processor in the ARM headquarters in Cambridge, with people from ARM and TI
presenting the processor features and the tools suite to develop for this
processor. It was quite interesting, but I found the tools part to be quite
disapointing. It was all bragging about the superiority of ARM tools vs. gcc
(et al.), and was, in my humble opinion, a little too much biased.

But all in all, it was quite interesting, and the Guiness at the pub was
wonderfull! ;-)

Now, I'm going to sleep, I should be fully operational tomorrow afternoon,
GMT+0100.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |