Patch for building Java compiler for version 4.3.0+

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Tue Jan 6 19:03:00 GMT 2009

Andy,
All,

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 16:53:54 Andy Johnson wrote:
> > OK. Then we'll need a silent option:
> --SNIP--
> I have not figured which file to put the configure option in
> and have it work.  The two "depends" are set in different files.
> No matter where I put it CC_LANG_JAVA_USE_ECJ is never set in
> the .config file.  The build process dies when it tries to test
> that variable.

The kernel mconf prefixes all config option with CONFIG_, the one in
crosstool-NG uses CT_ as prefix, thus an option named CC_LANG_JAVA_USE_ECJ
will be available as CT_CC_LANG_JAVA_USE_ECJ

Something like the attached patch?

> I don't know how to do a list of possible ftp sites to get the
> ecj-latest.jar file, but another is at ftp://sourceware.org/pub/java/.

Added! :-)

> Also, there is an additional configure option for gcc that I
> added through menuconfig (--enable-java-maintainer-mode) that
> I'm not sure how you would like to handle.  I'm guessing that
> you would rather put it in a config file rather than code it
> into gcc.sh.

What does it do? Is it sensible to have it:
1- always?
2- upon request (config option)?
3- only occasionally (set it in CC_EXTRA_CONFIG)?

As I understand the option by its name, 3 seems the best way.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |