Patch for building Java compiler for version 4.3.0+

Andy Johnson ajohnson@aecno.com
Tue Jan 6 15:54:00 GMT 2009

Yann,

I intended to, but the miracle that is Outlook (the miracle is
that it hasn't infected my computer today with something other
than itself) interfered.

--SNIP--

> OK. Then we'll need a silent option:
>
> ---8<--- BEGIN ---8<---
> config CC_LANG_JAVA_USE_ECJ
>     bool
>     default y
>     depends on CC_LANG_JAVA
>     depends on CC_GCC_4_3_or_later
> ---8<---  END  ---8<---
>
> and then downloading and copying if CC_LANG_JAVA_USE_ECJ is set

--SNIP--

I have not figured which file to put the configure option in
and have it work.  The two "depends" are set in different files.
No matter where I put it CC_LANG_JAVA_USE_ECJ is never set in
the .config file.  The build process dies when it tries to test
that variable.

I don't know how to do a list of possible ftp sites to get the
ecj-latest.jar file, but another is at ftp://sourceware.org/pub/java/.

Also, there is an additional configure option for gcc that I
added through menuconfig (--enable-java-maintainer-mode) that
I'm not sure how you would like to handle.  I'm guessing that
you would rather put it in a config file rather than code it
into gcc.sh.

Andy