[crosstool-ng] error building x86 toolchain

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Sat Jan 3 16:50:00 GMT 2009

Hello Thomas!
Hello All!

Happy New Year, with plenty of cross-compilation success!

On Friday 02 January 2009 18:52:35 Matthias Kaehlcke wrote:
> i ran into an error during the crosstool-ng build for a x86
> toolchain in the compilation of pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock.c:
[--SNIP--]
> glibc	 2.7

I was unable to build any glibc-2.7 based toolchain for i[3456]86. I always
encountered the same problem as yours, and found no solution on-line. If any
one has a fix, speak aloud! :-)

That's why I stick to glibc-2.6.1. Also, glibc is not my favourite C library,
and thus I did not invest too much time trying to solve this issue.

This *might* be solved with a more recent glibc, but because there is no
tarball available, and because crosstool-NG does not (yet) support fetching
directly from cvs/svn/git, I was able to test neither 2.8 nor 2.9.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |