Crosstool-NG: error retrieving sstrip.c

michael michael@araneidae.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 14:11:00 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, michael wrote:
> Using crosstool-ng 1.3.2 there seems to be a bit of a snag when retrieving
> sstrip.c.  The first problem is that it looks for the local copy under the
> wrong name, as sstrip.c?view=co, rather than plain old sstrip.c

Ah.  I see that the code in svn is rather different...

I'm confused, though: according to svn there was a fix committed on 11th
Jan, but 1.3.2 was released on 28th Jan.  In fact, I can't find any trace
of the ultimately offending line (in scripts/build/tools/200-sstrip.sh):

            CT_GetFile sstrip '.c?view=co'  \

in the svn history.

Looks like this was a 1.3.1 => 1.3.2 fix outside the main branch which
unfortunately is broken.  I'll revert to 1.3.1 and download manually
first.