Advice for AT91SAM9620 sought

Jake Knickerbocker jacob@turbolinux.co.jp
Tue Oct 21 02:36:00 GMT 2008

Hi there. I'm a bit new to the cross compiling scene, and am trying to
put together
a compiler for the Atmel AT91SAM9260, and later for the 9263. I came across
Crosstool-NG after working on my own set of scripts for a while, but I
am hitting a
hard stop on both fronts.

Can anyone offer any advice for doing this? Preferably I'd like to be as
up to date as
possible. My own scripts are using kernel 2.6.26, glibc-2.7, gcc-4.3.2,
eabi, nptl,
but those are failing to compile properly at this point.

The latest version of Crosstool-NG (a fantastic piece of work btw, and
one I wish
I'd come across sooner!) is compiling everything up just fine using a
config based
on one of the demo's, but my kernel fails to boot. As in:

Starting kernel ...

And then hangs. This is an image file produced by the mkimage utitlity for
u-boot. I have used the Code Sourcery and Timesys compilers to build kernels
for this hardware before, so the problem is most definitely my compiler,
I must be getting a setting or a patch wrong somewhere.

Does anyone have any advice?

Regards,

Jake Knickerbocker