build failures with ct-ng

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Thu Oct 2 20:22:00 GMT 2008

Dan, Frederic, and All,

On Thursday 02 October 2008 22:11:57 Dan Wilder wrote:
> If so the solution is either replace /bin/sh with symlink to /bin/bash,
> or find instances of #!/bin/sh in scripts and change to #!/bin/bash.
> Also make sure SHELL is set in Makefiles to /bin/bash.

All scripts in crosstool-NG that use bashisms explictly call #!/bin/bash
Conversely, all scripts that call #!/bin/sh are POSIX. Any lingering
bashism in those scripts should be eradicated with a flame-thrower. :-]

> Or else expunge bashisms from scripts and Makefiles.

Unfortunately, scripts from the components (eg. glibc, gcc, mpfr...)
are out of control from crosstool-NG...

> Rumor has it Debian will follow suit.  No doubt others too.

I read those rumors a few weeks back... Upgrading to Squeeze wil be
painfull... Sigh...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |