Where's the Cross-GCC FAQ ?

Dave Nadler Dave.Nadler@nadler.com
Fri Nov 28 19:13:00 GMT 2008

Hi Yann & All - I am in need of building a cross-compiler for MIPS
(PIC32MX), with host and build environment cygwin using gcc 3.4.4. Also,
bare-metal libraries, including C++.

 From the crosstool-NG I understood that cygwin is not supported, hence I
was looking at Dan Kegel's tool - where I find a bunch of broken links.

Would trying a current GCC 4.xxx under cygwin with crosstool-NG be a good
idea or a hopeless exercise in frustration ? It would be much easier under
linux than cygwin I know, but cygwin is going to be much more practical for
users of this toolchain at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
Best Regards, Dave

Dave Nadler, USA East Coast voice (978) 263-0097,  drn@nadler.com