how to set up a 32-bit toolchain on a 64-bit distro?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday@crashcourse.ca
Tue Nov 25 11:46:00 GMT 2008

  probably slightly off-topic but i figure, if anyone's going to know
this, it's toolchain people.

  i've downloaded a freescale coldfire toolchain from codesourcery and
it installs and runs just fine on the 32-bit version of fedora 10
preview on one of my 64-bit AMD-CPU laptops.  i really wanted to
install it on the 64-bit version of that OS but, when i do and try to
cross-compile "hello, world", the link step fails looking for
/lib/ld-linux.so.2.

  not surprisingly, that linker doesn't exist on the x86_64 distro --
what does exist is under /lib64.  what would be the obvious solution?
can i just install the 32-bit version of glibc on the 64-bit version
of the OS?  i'm reluctant to just try it until someone can give me an
opinion one way or the other.  thanks.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.