Strange `find` syntax error in crosstool-ng

Michael Abbott michael@araneidae.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 20:40:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Michael Abbott wrote:
> My crosstool build fails with the message
> [38:16] / find: missing argument to `-exec'
>        find ... -name ... -exec rm -fv {} \+
> Eh?  How on earth did \; become transformed into \+?
>
> The attached patch should fix this, but I haven't tested it yet.

Tested, and builds just fine now, which really begs the question: where
did \+ come from?  According to svn those `find ... -exec rm ...` lines
have always ended in \+ since they were introduced in revision 158 ...
which implies that either your find accepts + as an alias for ;
(implausible) or those lines never got exercised (also implausible).