Error building glibc-2.3.2 for my arm-9tdmi-linux cross compiler on cygwin

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Mon Jan 28 11:45:00 GMT 2008

On 18 January 2008 15:31, J Johnson wrote:

>> -----------------------------------quote-----------------------------------
>> sdeps/ieee754/flt-32 sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 sysdeps/ieee754
>> sysdeps/generic/elf sysdeps/generic; do \
>> test -f $dir/syscalls.list && \
>> { /bin/sh sysdeps/unix/make-syscalls.sh $dir || exit 1; }; \
>> test $dir = sysdeps/unix && break; \
>> done >

/ecos-c/CNAV/tmp2/crosstool-0.43/build/arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu/gcc-4.1.0-glibc-2.3
>> .2/build-glibc-headers/sysd
>> -syscallsT
>> -rThe system cannot find the file specified.
>> -rThe system cannot find the file specified.
>> -rThe system cannot find the file specified.
>> -rThe system cannot find the file specified.
>> -----------------------------------quote-----------------------------------
>>
>> is caused by the wrong kind of line-endings.
>>
>> Did you use a win32 GUI program to unpack the tarballs? That's one possible
>> explanation; another would be if you were editing any of the contained
>> files using notepad or wordpad.

> Thanks for the comments Dave.  I don't believe I'm doing either of those
> things.  Here are the exact steps I'm performing:
>
> 1. download http://kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.43.tar.gz
> 2. Unpack it using tar from \cygwin\bin (tar -xzvf crosstool-0.43.tar.gz)
> 3. I edit the demo-arm9tdmi.sh to set TARBALLS_DIR manually (using gvim)
> 4. execute the following command: >sh demo-armtdmi.sh
>
> That's it!

  That looks like it ought to be completely correct.

> Is it possible that I have some environment variable set that defines a
> directory or file with a space in it somewhere that the build is trying to
> use?

  Dunno.  Please run "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out" and send the resulting
file as an attachment to your next post and I'll take a look through your
cygwin configuration.  If that doesn't show up anything, I'll try following
your steps when I get some free time this evening and see if it reproduces on
my home setup.

    cheers,
      DaveK