ARM floating point differences

Rick Mann rmann@latencyzero.com
Wed Jan 16 15:16:00 GMT 2008

Hey, Dimitry, thanks for the rapid response!

On Jan 10, 2008, at 3:56 PM, Dimitry Andric wrote:

> AFAICS it might be that you configured your "old" tools with
> --target=arm-elf, while you used --target=xscale-elf for the "new"
> tools.  This will change a LOT for the code generation.

Yes, I'm sorry I didn't make this clear. That is exactly what I did.
The "old" tools were arm-elf, the new "xscale-elf" (the processor is a
Marvell PXA320, an Xscale proc).

Still, the arm-elf floating point code ran very well on it, and I'd
like to understand better how to get that same performance out of my
xscale-elf tools.

> You might want to try using the same --target options, and see if
> there's still such a difference.

You mean, rebuild my toolchain with --target=arm-elf, or can I pass --
target to GCC in my target code makefile?

--
Rick