SPARC64 64-bit tool chain

Sunil Amitkumar Janki devel.sjanki@gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 10:20:00 GMT 2007

I have tried your script up to three times to see if the
error it bails out with is reproducible and everytime I
get the following error message:

> checking for sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc...
> /root/build-gcc/./prev-gcc/xgcc -B/root/build-gcc/./prev-gcc/
> -B/root/prefix/sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/
> checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run
> C compiled programs.
> If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
> See `config.log' for more details.
> make[2]: *** [configure-stage2-intl] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/build-gcc'
> make[1]: *** [stage2-bubble] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/build-gcc'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I
configured with all languages, that is C, C++, Ada,
Fortran, Java and Objc?

I also found in the past that building outside of the
source tree would lead to failed compiles whereas
building in the source tree would lead to success.

The "--host" option doesn't work at all, so it may
be a misleading suggestion on the part of gcc.

Sunil