Non-working arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi toolchain (gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.5)

Lennert Buytenhek buytenh@wantstofly.org
Tue Oct 30 14:02:00 GMT 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 02:15:52PM +0100, Arvid Brodin wrote:

> That did the trick! Wonderful!
>
> Should I report this as a bug to the arm gcc ports project? (And in that
> case, would that project be the same as the "GCC ARM Improvement
> Project" on http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/gcc-arm/index.php?)

gcc 4.1 EABI generates ARMv5 code by default.  This choice was
probably made for a good reason, so I wouldn't call this a bug per
se, but I guess it can't hurt to ask on their mailing list what
the reason is (I don't know the reason.)