crosstool-0.43 : mingw build linux-gnu failed on collect2.c for "fork/pipe.."

andy wang ypwangreg@gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 21:03:00 GMT 2007

Hi, Dave and Kai

On 10/25/07, Kai Ruottu <karuottu@mbnet.fi> wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
> > On 25 October 2007 14:24, andy wang wrote:
> >

> >> So you mean that first I install the mingw_cross_env in a linux
> >> machine then use this env working with crosstool to produce a
> >> linux-gnu cross compiler for target Windows?
> >>
> Probably you meaned "for host Windows", ie a 'xyz-linux-gnu' target
> toolchain made for
> MinGW $host on a Linux $build platform?

I am afraid that I used the wrong words. I want to build a toolchain
for linux(target) on Windoz (host) in Mingw env. So can I still use
the http://www.profv.de/mingw_cross_env/?

>From the Kai's point of view, I should first build an MINGW env on the
linux to avoid some wired problem while trying to build on windoz.
When I want to build the toolchain (running on the windoz) I can build
a xyz locally on the linux(so I have the headers and library already
done) then I have mingw-xyz and linux-xyz, both on linux. so from
there I can build (compiler and linker executable like g++.exe and
ld.exe) and it is "recycling". Am I understanding right?

Sorry for the confusing.

Regards,
Andy