crosstool-0.43 : mingw build linux-gnu failed on collect2.c for "fork/pipe.."

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Thu Oct 25 11:56:00 GMT 2007

On 25 October 2007 03:59, andy wang wrote:

> Hi, All
>
> Once I built linux-gnu on cygwin using crosstool successfully so I
> decided to try it on the mingw+msys.  I used the demo-i686.sh to build
> gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.3.6-tls.dat.  I met some little problems

  Well, if those were the little problems, there's still one more huge big
vast insurmountable problem coming your way:  mingw/msys don't work with
glibc.  They use the windows system libraries to provide C runtime support
instead.  Since crosstool (IIUIC) assumes your target is a glibc-based target,
this isn't going to work.

  There's a better option for msys/mingw than trying to shoehorn it to fit
into crosstool's model: a dedicated mingw cross-development environment build
script, available at:

http://www.profv.de/mingw_cross_env/

    cheers,
      DaveK