Trying to get crosstool-0.43 to work on Solaris 9

David Kahn dmkahn@gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:38:00 GMT 2007

Alexander Skwar wrote:

> I've got an additional problem, though. When crosstool is trying
> to compile glibc, it breaks. I suppose it breaks, as it's trying
> to use the original SUN as and SUN ld and not the GNU ones. The
> GNU ones are in PATH before the SUN stuff. In my build script, I
> set PATH to PATH=/opt/csw/gnu:/opt/csw/gcc4/bin:$PATH and GNU ld
> and GNU as are in /opt/csw/gnu.
>
> Any ideas?

That sounds familiar. But I don't see what I did
about it. I had problems with libiconv, and did
something for that. (I used GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG to
workaround that, setting --with-libiconv-prefix)

There's something like --with-gnu-as and --with-gnu-ld or something
like that, if I recall. But I don't see anywhere that I
had to use them in crosstools. Maybe I needed to use
that stuff for the native tools build first.

I built a set of native tools first, and used them
to build the crosstools. Did you do that?

-David