crosstool + uclibc

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Tue Mar 6 16:45:00 GMT 2007

Enrico,
All,

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 1729, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> I was off quite some time and I'm wondering where the uclibc
> stuff went. If I remember right, crosstool once was able to build
> toolchains w/ uclibc and other small libc's.

Current crosstool can't. And I'm not sure it once was able to. There have been
some patches floating around, one by myself, but none was ever incorporated in
mainline.

> Where did it go ? How can I build such an toolchain ?

I have a personal "fork" available as a testbed, which should ultimately be
able to build toolchains with interchangeable components, of which the C
library is but an example:
http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/dokuwiki/projects/crosstool

Please have a look at it, and report upon success/failure. Note that it is
still in development. Once it is really usable, I'll try to push it into
mainline, but for the moment, I consider it not stable enough.

Check buildroot:
http://buildroot.uclibc.org/

You can also check PTXdist:
http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/index_en.html

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI@home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |