cross compiling shared libraries leaves host RPATH's in them?

Nathan Kidd nathan-svn@spicycrypto.ca
Sun Apr 29 19:18:00 GMT 2007

Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> when building shared libraries in a cross-compile environment, I notice
> that my libraries pick up some host RPATH.
>
> This causes overhead (I see an strace of 15 bogus lookups) and a
> security hole if the path includes /tmp/.
>
> What's the proper way to build shared libraries so that their RPATH
> matches the installation destination?

I don't have specific experience with this, but if your rpath is wrong,
I'd suspect two things:

1. maybe your specs file is wrong and not matching your native host
2. maybe your build script is passing bad -rpath to ld

-Nathan