C++ exception problems in mingw cross compiler

Toralf Lund toralf@procaptura.com
Mon Sep 18 11:40:00 GMT 2006

> I have a cross compiler toolchain with Linux host and MinGW target
> built (by me) "the usual way". GCC version is 3.4.6.
>
> I've used this for some time now, and it has seemed to work just fine.
> However, yesterday I realised that C++ exceptions don't really work.
> The exception code builds just fine, and exceptions are thrown where
> appropriate, but it seems like catch() just doesn't catch anything.
> Not even catch(...).
After testing some more, I've concluded that the problem only occurs
when the application (or possibly another DLL) tries to catch an
exception thrown by a DLL. Based on info on the Web, it seems like this
isn't entirely unexpected. I'm not quite able to find a good workaround,
though. Any help would (still) be appreciated.

- Toralf