make check-gcc question

Gene Smith gds@chartertn.net
Tue Oct 10 02:10:00 GMT 2006

Dave Korn wrote, On 10/09/2006 01:22 PM:
> On 09 October 2006 17:58, Khem Raj wrote:
>

>>Gene Smith said the following on 10/8/06 1:57 PM:
>

>>Do you have the sim in your path?
>

>   Another question:

>   Have you tried just running "make -k check RUNTESTFLAGS=yadayada", at the
> top-level, rather than going for the lower level check-gcc target?  Maybe some
> setup gets missed out that way.
>

>     cheers,
>       DaveK

By "sim" do you mean the program from gdb called "arm-elf-run"? If so,
yes it is in my path.

I started to run "make -k check" from the top of the gcc-4.1.1 tree but
read it "could take a long time" and it didn't indicate it was
essential. But if yadayada is --target_board=arm-sim I get the same
failure there too. However, since the unified tree build didn't work
(something about libtool and empgen.c building binutils) I might give it
a shot.

-gene