armxscale cross compiler build under cygwin

nils nils.roeder@gmail.com
Fri May 26 09:42:00 GMT 2006

Kristoffer Ericson wrote:
> Not sure if this is worth anything, but used 0.42 to build a xscale-arm
> crosscompiler last week. Used gcc = 3.4.4 and glibc = 2.3.5 worked fine.

Did you built this under cygwin (i ask because you mention glibc which i
thought is replaced by cygwin in this case) ?

also, thanks Khem for the hint to set AR_FOR_TARGET. Unfortunately i do
not manage to get it to work. I export it as shell variable in my build
script but still get the same error message. I did try various solutions
but maybe you can clarify : To what should i set the variable -
(i don't understand why there are two set of tools in the cross compiler
directory : $TARGET-ar and ar). Should i set the variable
to $TARGET-ar, ar, $TARGET-ar.exe or ar.exe ?
Thanks for the help!

Here my script :

AR_FOR_TARGET=$TARGET-ar.exe
../${GCCV}/configure ${GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG} --target=$TARGET --host=$HOST
--prefix=${PRJROOT} \
     --with-local-prefix=${SYSROOT} \
     --disable-multilib \
     --with-newlib \