search path for cross gcc

Niklaus niklaus@gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 02:56:00 GMT 2006

On 3/28/06, Eric Fisher <joefoxreal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to know how to set the search path of glibc for cross gcc. Suppose I
> have mips-linux-gcc installed, when I type 'mips-linux-gcc test.c -o
> test'. I think
> the tool chain should find the glibc of mips/linux autmatically. Yet,
> it's just the
> problem I'm meeting with. It can't be searched out.
>
> I did use the flag --with-sysroot when built the binutils and gcc. And
> the header
> files can also be found in the search list, which has included the sysroot path.
> And I also installed the glibc under the sysroot. But, still can't be found.
>
> /tmp/ccOgTDmg.o(.text+0x154): In function `main':
> : undefined reference to `printf'

What it says is that your mips-..-libc could not be found by gcc. Well
you can try gcc -v test.c to see what exactly it is doing. Maybe you
can post that output here. If you just want to build the cross tool
chain please use crosstool. In case you want to do each step manually
look into the file crosstool.sh in crosstool.

Also gcc -L/home/test/mips  hello.c