iWMMXt Linux EABI cross toolchain

Steven Newbury s_j_newbury@yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 20 02:14:00 GMT 2006

--- Khem Raj <khem@mvista.com> wrote:

> Daniel Jacobowitz said the following on 03/04/2006 06:28 AM:
> > On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 12:52:49PM +0000, Steven Newbury wrote:
> >
> >> Hello again Daniel,
> >> Since you have made the most recent ARM EABI commits I hope you're the
> right
> >> person to help here. :-) I'm making some progress with my toolchain but
> I've
> >> encountered a rather strange problem when building Glibc.  As can be seen
> in
> >> the attached log the crti.S assembler file produced from the initfini.s by
> sed
> >> is causing a locally referenced label ".L10" to no longer be in the
> assembler
> >> file.  What is actually supposed to be happening here?
> >>

> > I don't know what's gone wrong; the constant pool has gotten separated
> > from the first half of _init, but that doesn't usually happen, so
> > something is wrong in your toolchain.  Find a working version somewhere
> > else and compare.  I'd be inclined to suspect a broken compiler,
> > since call_gmon_start usually doesn't get inlined.
> >
> This happens with gcc trunk too no matter what options to suppress
> inlining it still will inline it.

Have you made any progress with this? Is there a bug filed?

I'm now at the point where I have gcc 4.1.0 and trunk compiled and basically
working but I can not compile a final glibc because of the above problem with
trunk; and can not compile it with 4.1.0 because it doesn't contain all the
relevent ARM patches. :-(

Steve