glibc-2.4 released (was: Re: never mind: no linuxthreads in glibc-2.4)

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Sun Mar 12 17:50:00 GMT 2006

On Sunday 12 March 2006 11:04, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Indeed.  crosstool needs to add support for the 'ports' directory.
> Several people have experimented with it, can't recall if
> a patch has been submitted yet.

from my tests with Gentoo's glibc-2.4 ebuild, if you simply unpack the ports
tarball and rename it to 'ports' inside of the glibc source dir, glibc's
configure script will find the addons automatically:
tar xf glibc-2.4.tar.bz2
cd glibc-2.4
tar xf glibc-ports-2.4.tar.bz2
mv glibc-ports-2.4 ports
mkdir ../build
cd ../build
../glibc-2.4/configure
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
configure: running configure fragment for add-on libidn
configure: running configure fragment for add-on nptl
checking add-on ports for preconfigure fragments... am33 arm hppa m68k mips

i did some quick tests with mips and arm:
../glibc-2.4/configure --host=mips64-unknown-linux-gnu
../glibc-2.4/configure --host=arm-unknown-linux-gnu
and it seemed to work just fine
-mike