NPTL patch for crosstool-0.42

Khem Raj khem@mvista.com
Thu Mar 9 21:00:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have done few changes to contrib/2005a/crosstool-0.38-nptl.patch. My
changes are merged into the attached patch.
A few things that I have tried to do.

1. Compile glibc-cvs with gcc-cvs. that means glibc-2.4. I have added a
new variable called GLIBC_PORTS_DIR which should be defined relative to
the GLIBC_DIR. Currently I have only enabled ports if architecture is
arm it seems we will need it for ppc64/soft-float as well.

2. I had to add GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG=--disable-libunwind-exceptions to .dat
file to get glibc w/ nptl compiled.

3. I made sure that existing NPTL builds ok. So I tested a i686  NPTL
build. All went fine I had a scripting error towards the end while
executing

sh $TOP_DIR/masq.sh

it complained that rm could not delete bin because it was a folder. The
following line of script caused this error. But toolchain build was
successful.

# but remove symlinks to special cases
rm $DISTRIB_APPS

4. To test the ports add-on I attempted a arm-softfloat build but did
not complete glibc due to aggressive inlining tempering the labels in
initfini.s. But at least it recognised ports addon as arm is moved to
ports in glibc-2.4

This patch is getting bigger and bigger. I think in order to get this
work merged with main script, we should do builds for older toolchains
to make sure we don't break anything.  I will keep doing some stuff in
the limited time I find.

Anybody helping to test other architectures for NPTL are more than welcome.

I am attaching my sample gcc-glibc.dat file which I used.

Thanks

-Khem