trouble building anything using crosstool 0.42: crt1.o not found

bert hubert bert.hubert@netherlabs.nl
Sun Mar 5 21:03:00 GMT 2006

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 06:49:19PM +0100, bert hubert wrote:
> I'm trying to build a 64-bit compiler for my Athlon64, from a 32-bit Debian
> sid userland. This worked in crosstool 0.40, but it fails with 0.42. I've

I neglected to mention I'm running a 64-bit kernel, leading ./config.guess
to configure my HOST as x86_64, which in turn convinced glibc it could try
to run programs, which it can't as I've not built a glibc yet.

This is something to watch out for for bi-arch users!

I'm now building with GCC_HOST=x86, I assume this will wor.

Sorry for wasting your time!