iWMMXt Linux EABI cross toolchain

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Fri Mar 3 05:25:00 GMT 2006

On Thursday 02 March 2006 23:59, Steven Newbury wrote:
> --- Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 March 2006 23:15, Steven Newbury wrote:
> > > OK I think I might have solved this.  The toolchain.eclass script was
> > > enabling all languages when the glibc headers are present rather than
> > > when glibc has been built.  When the configure script detects that c++
> > > is a selected language it adds -shared-libgcc to the xgcc CFLAGS!
> >
> > err, what ?  toolchain.eclass ?  you're using Gentoo ?
>
> Yes! I'm using gentoo! :-) I have now got cross-gcc compiled with threads
> so I should be able to build glibc (nptlonly) now fingers crossed.. I
> couldn't get it to build without threads.  Hopefully I'll have more luck
> now..

well you should have said so in the first place, i would have probably paid a
bit more attention as to what's going on

how are you installing your cross-compiler ?  did you use crossdev or are you
emerging stuff by yourself ?  arm/nptl doesnt exist in any of the current
Gentoo glibc ebuilds and i dont really plan on backporting anything ...
-mike