linux x86 to sparc-solaris

Jim Tison jtison@ntplx.net
Sat Jun 17 21:39:00 GMT 2006

The sysroot is where you keep all of the header files & libs pertinent
to the target. From what you just said, you'd specify
--with-sysroot=/tmp. But that's a really, really bad idea (/tmp can get
blown away at any time). You'll need to keep the sysroot files around
after the compiler is built: your default compiler & linker will look
there to resolve things. Or not. Your choice for the long run, as long
as you do *something* about the target files which reside there.

I'd move /tmp/lib and /tmp/usr someplace more permanent, and point
--with-sysroot= there.

I still can't advise you on exactly **which** files you'll need to get a
correct build for --target=solaris-*. Perhaps someone else will share
their experience with you (I have none for that target).