problem running crosstool0.42

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Wed Jun 14 17:38:00 GMT 2006

On 6/14/06, Zhang Ke <zhangke@ict.ac.cn> wrote:
> after i running "sh demo-ppc405.sh" in crosstool-0.42
>
> i come accross a problem.
>
> in your programm, you go to ftp.gnu.org to fetch glibc files, the address you search is "ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/glibc"
>
> but, in actual, the address is  "ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glibc" (not include pub)

Shouldn't be a problem, as pub is a symlink to the current directory:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 0        0               1 Aug 05  2003 pub -> .

And indeed, when I try cd'ing there, it works:

ftp> cd pub/gnu/glibc
250 Directory successfully changed.

If you're having a download problem, maybe it's because of a firewall or
some other issue?   Perhaps crosstool should use a (longer) list of mirrors.
Anyway, if you have a patch that fixes the problem for you, please
submit it.