sparc elf

Niklaus niklaus@gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 17:27:00 GMT 2006

On 6/12/06, Paul Brook <paul@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On Monday 12 June 2006 17:58, Martin Guy wrote:
> > 2006/6/12, Niklaus <niklaus@gmail.com>:
> > > int main()
> > > {
> > > return 3;
> > > }
> > >
> > > i compiled it using sparc-elf-gcc -c test.c.
> > > ./sparc-elf-ld --entry=main test.o -o a.out
> > > when i executed a.out on sparc machine it segfaulted and dumped core.
> >
> > I guess 'cos you set entrypoint=main instead of __start or whatever it
> > is called.
>
> More likely you should use the appropriate configuration for your target (eg.
> sparc-linux or sparc-solaris) rather than the generic elf config.

Yeah thats a point to be noted. So i build with target sparc-solaris.
Is that correct.
> You should generally also use gcc to link not use ld directly because the gcc
> driver knows what options to pass to ld.

Few questions
1) I can build binutils for sparc-solaris, it works fine.
2) i can build core-gcc for sparc-solaris
3) How do i build the complete gcc for sparc-solaris. I don't have the
headers . I can't use linux headers or glibc as i don't have them on
the target machine.
4) Say if  i use newlib for target sparc-solaris, then i will have to
write linker scripts.
5)
Now how do i compile a hello world program executable and run it on my
sparc solaris 10 machine.