Add additional libraries to crosstool build script

Daniel Santos daniel@bytesage.com
Tue Jun 6 19:16:00 GMT 2006

Paul,
Thanks, that looks pretty cool!  I was actually trying to figure out how
I could do all of this in make and get the benefits of a make file
(i.e., all the cool dependency checking, immutable variables, etc.).  I
need to read up on this more and maybe convert all my configs to
bitbake.  Either way, there are still some useful patches in that
package (http://www.javamonger.org/files/doit-0.2.tbz2).  Specifically
for, for dropbear and zlib.  Dropbear doesn't handle bogus entries in
/etc/passwd that appears on the a780.  Since that file is in firmware,
it screws things up.  Also, I patched scp to search the path for ssh (or
dbclient) instead of hard-coding it in the config.  That is actually an
openssh feature and I'm sure there are reasons for it, but it made
things troublesome on the a780 (my scp is currently broken - crashes,
however).  zlib flat out wont cross compile shared libs on Cygwin
without patching the configure script.

Doug, I remembered something important that's in my bash build config.
The core Cygwin package, "cygwin" has a bit of a flaw, perhaps an under
sight or or just a design flaw; there is no libdl.a.  This breaks a few
different builds involving shared libs.  Here's the simple fix.

cd /lib; ln -s libcygwin.a libdl.a

Daniel