iwmmxt requires an AAPCS compatible ABI for proper operation

Hugo Vincent hugo.vincent@gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 01:33:00 GMT 2006

Hi everyone,

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 02:53 +0200, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> Most ARM systems still use 'hardfloat', where the applications emit
> FP instructions for the FPA floating point coprocessor, which are then
> trapped by the kernel and emulated (since pretty much no ARM hardware
> out there has an FPA floating point coprocessor (anymore).)

Does anyone know what the status of ARM VFP support is? I am thinking
about using a Philips LPC3180 in my next project, because I need
floating point. Will the hardfloat ABI use VFP or is FPA different to
VFP? Has anyone used a LPC3180 yet, with GCC/Linux?

Cheers,
Hugo.

p.s. sorry I hijacked this thread :-)